July 31 in London

 I've been having trouble getting this "blog" thing going - I think because it's not social media, I don't feel like I can just randomly post, but instead have to be all thoughtful and articulate.  Thankfully, Sarah put me straight, "you're not writing a novel."  And so, I will just post as if it is social media.  Thanks Sarah!

July 31

Quiet day today, spent most of it putting the final touches on my Camino after waking up with massive anxiety about it: can I actually carry my pack, or should I transport it?  Everything already hurts, constantly... what if I fall and can't get up? Is there Uber between towns?  What the hell am I thinking!!! 

Ultimately decided to ship all of my luggage.  Luckily they have services for that (whew)!  A courier will pick up your bags each morning and deliver them to your next destination before your arrival. All I will carry is a small day pack with water, sandals, snacks, cash and my phone.  Maybe a few other bits as well but not nearly my entire life.  What a weight of my shoulders! (pun intended😊). 

Spent the afternoon around London Bridge.  NO RAIN! Found a running/walking shoe store and scored a fresh pair of New Balance trail runners.  Then dinner with a dear friend who I have not seen in many years - yay! 

Tomorrow Camden and dinner with a Foreign Service mate, then tomorrow - onto Lisbon.

 A few pics:








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leaving Puerto Vallarta - July 2023